Port St Mary Commissioners operates as the Local Housing Authority for 122 properties within the village ranging in size from 1 to 3 bedrooms. Port St Mary Commissioners also manages public sheltered housing for Southern Sheltered Housing Joint Board. For more information regarding sheltered housing see the website sshjb.im or contact the Housing Officer.

Applying for a Port St Mary Commissioners Property

If you wish to apply for Public Housing, the file: Application form for general housing is available for you to print off and complete. The form also contains detailed information about the application process.

Please send your completed form to:

The Housing Officer
Port St Mary Commissioners
Town Hall
The Promenade
Port St Mary

or any Southern Housing Authority. If you require any assistance or clarification then please contact the Housing Officer on 832101 or by email.


Applying for Sheltered Housing

Southern Sheltered Housing Joint Board administers public sector housing designed specifically for older people in the Isle of Man catchment areas of Port St Mary, Port Erin, Rushen, Arbory, Castletown and Malew. We are responsible for a total of 178 residences spread over five complexes: Marashen Crescent in Port Erin, Reayrt y Chrink and Cooil Veg in Port St Mary, and Sandfield & Millhope Close in Castletown.

Historically called ‘sheltered’ housing, older persons housing is designed to provide self contained accommodation for people aged 65 and over who are able to live independently. This type of housing does not provide Residential Care or Nursing Home facilities, but offers a number of benefits and services to tenants, including; daily checks on residents by wardens, a 24 hour emergency call system in every room, a friendly community of residents of a similar age, and affordable housing for retired people on low incomes.

We’re really proud of our housing for older people, and we work hard to make sure that all homes are modern, bright, accessible, and welcoming. For more information regarding sheltered housing see the website For more information regarding sheltered housing see the website sshjb.im or contact the Housing Officer. or contact the Housing Officer.


Getting Help In Resolving A Domestic Noise Problem

The first step that a complainant should try when a domestic noise problem occurs is to talk to the person causing the noise disturbance.  A polite request maybe sufficient to resolve the problem without taking the matter any further.  If the informal approach has failed then the procedure as set out Here can be implemented.


Mutual Exchanges

Existing tenants of public sector housing on the island can apply to transfer to a different property by participating in the Inter-Authority Mutual Exchange programme.

For more details, please click HERE.